Tuesday 9 December 2014

Gail Porter at Winter Wonderland


I met up with Gail Porter at a very cold and festive Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park last December, and it was another hugely enjoyable and fascinating experience in the journey of the forthcoming Lives & Times book. She was really lovely and very enthusiastic in getting involved in the book. This photo also shows her wearing the Beating Bowel Cancer tie to help raise awareness about the disease. The chapter will make reference to our ride on the "Ski Slope" where stupidly I hadn't realised what I was letting myself in for! I am still feeling a bit dizzy now :) Of course this was a brilliant opportunity, and how many people can count themselves lucky enough to have photographed the beautiful Gail Porter? Yes this can be a tough job, but someone has to do it ;) 

I have yet to have anything other than great fun doing this so far, and everyone taking part has been so kind and up for the idea and totally supporting the fundraising project for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. What on earth will I do with myself once this is finished?? :)

As the new book enters it final stages now in terms of the photographing of people, I now down to maybe a couple moe photographs and then it will time to begin a countdown to publication. The plan is to publish in the next few months, but if there is anyone out there who would like to come on board I am still open to new people / new ideas... 

My mother successfully had surgery in February to remove a cancerous nodule from her left lung, which as expected was a secondary cancer from her bowel cancer of 2012. She is making a great recovery, and has been given the all clear and is back on regular blood tests and CT scans to monitor her health. So its all systems go now with the new book, and if anything the whole point of doing it has been even more reinforced by that recent turn of events. 

If you can't wait for the new book with Gail in it, the first book "Beating Bowel Cancer" is still available to buy on Amazon with all proceeds going to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. Find out more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment