Sunday 6 April 2014

Status Quo Experience


My recent experience of photographing Status Quo from the press pit at the Hammersmith Apollo on their Frantic Four reunion tour was absolutely amazing. It really felt like a once in a lifetime opportunity and I had such a great time. I managed to take about 200 photos in the 10 minutes you are allowed in the pit before being ejected from the venue! The full story along with some of the very best photos will appear in the forthcoming book, and I am really happy with the results. The photo below gives shows just how close to stage I was... Thanks Quo! :)


There are a couple of other opportunities hopefully happening over the coming weeks, and if a few more artists could come on board like Quo did then it would be so good. As I have also previously said though the book is very much about the ordinary "people" photos in whatever guise they may take, and I shall be spending the vast majority of my time out there getting those shots for the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment