Friday 18 October 2013

Windsor Castle at Night


One of my favourite chapters in the book is the one featuring Windsor Castle photographed at night. The chapter describes how I took this photo using my car roof as a make shift tripod and describes my childhood memories of my late father taking us to Windsor. It also mentions talk of our toy soldiers collection, my father's work in Windsor in polythene manufacturing, also how I played my part in the Queen's Silver Jubilee celebrations in 1977, and not least how we used to drive into the castle itself. 

Nighttime photography can be tricky and I have always got my best shots with a little planning in advance, but even then I usually end up playing with the camera settings rather than relying on preset nighttime settings.

The idea behind the book was to take visually interesting photos and then personalise the text with what the photos mean to me using recollections of events when growing up. The fundraising book has 30 such chapters and all the money raised is going to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment